Prevention of prostatitis is a guarantee for men's health, because power depends directly on it. To avoid the inflammatory process in the prostate gland, certain rules must be followed. First of all, it is worth making changes in your lifestyle: improve your diet, monitor your condition, do therapeutic exercises and massage. If the patient is in the process of recovery, then preventive measures include the use of drugs and medicinal products from traditional medicine.
Prevention of prostatitis
Preventive measures aimed at eliminating or preventing prostatitis are conventionally divided into primary and secondary:
- The primary is carried out to prevent the development of the disease.
- Secondary prevention is necessary for patients who have had prostatitis in order to prevent the disease from recurring or developing into a chronic form.
Prevention includes a range of therapeutic measures that help prevent prostatitis and improve quality of life. To prevent this disease, men must follow some important rules:
- Healthy food. Dietary review is one of the main points in the prevention of many diseases. Avoid fatty and spicy foods. When used acutely, the prostate mucosa is irritated and fatty foods contribute to the formation of cholesterol plaques on the walls of blood vessels, which significantly impair the blood supply to the prostate gland, creating favorable conditions for the reproduction of pathogenic microorganisms.
- Deny bad habits. Smoking and alcohol are strictly forbidden during precautionary measures. Cigarette smoke leads to intoxication of the body, affecting metabolic processes in the body and ethyl alcohol burdens the heart muscle and contributes to circulatory disorders. It is noted that alcohol in 40% of cases becomes the main cause of prostatitis. In addition, alcohol abuse adversely affects the entire male urogenital system, often violating power.
- See a doctor in time. It is impossible to ignore the clinical signs of developing prostatitis. In addition, any infectious disease can contribute to the inflammatory process in the prostate gland. Do not self-medicate with STDs.
- Avoid hypothermia. Inflammation of the prostate gland is often the result of a long stay in the cold.
- Excercise. It is important to keep your body in good shape. It is recommended to spend at least 20-30 minutes in sports every day, especially if a man's professional activity is associated with a sedentary life. One of the main causes of prostatitis is the stagnation of blood flow to the prostate gland.
- Take medication. If problems with strength are found, a man should start taking medication prescribed by a doctor. Medication is one of the most important methods of treating prostatitis. At the same time, do not forget about traditional medicine, which has many effective treatments.
A special feature of physical exercises in the prevention of prostatitis is the training of the muscle group around the anus. To identify the muscle that needs to be strengthened, you can delay the flow of urine during urination, count to three and relax. Then, in the same way, action without urination is recommended.
Such physical exercises in the first week should be performed in 5 sets of 10 contractions per day. From the second week, it is recommended to increase the intensity of the training to 100-150 repetitions per day.
To prevent prostatitis, you can perform other exercises in an upright position:
- Lean on the floor with one foot and with the other, do wide swings back and forth 80 times. Then change legs.
- Jumped in place 100 times.
- Spread your legs shoulder-width apart and lean 15 times in both directions.
Therapeutic gymnastics is also done in a supine position:
- Alternatively, pull the legs towards the stomach and then spread them to the maximum width.
- It is recommended to take a deep breath and hold your breath for 5 seconds, then take a sitting position, stretch your legs in front of you and reach for them with your fingertips.
- Raise your legs, lying on your back, in a position perpendicular to the floor and then proceed to the exercise "bike".
- Lie on your stomach on a rubber ball and roll on the floor, resting on your hands.
These exercises will improve the condition of the body and prevent prostatitis. In addition, it is useful to take a contrast shower - alternately standing under cold water (15 seconds) and hot (30 seconds). Recommended before bedtime.
Healing stimulation of the prostate gland
As a precautionary measure, prostate stimulation is recommended. At home, you can significantly alleviate the condition with the help of a special massage that restores the normal functioning of the male genitals.
This massage helps:
- improving blood flow, thus supplying the gland with oxygen and other useful substances.
- Increase in testosterone - the main male sex hormone responsible for erection.
- increase the tone of the groin muscles, due to which normal urination is restored.
The frequency of prostate massage is determined by the individual characteristics of the patient. If a man has congestive and chronic prostatitis, then he needs to do 2-4 sessions a week. When performing a wellness procedure as a precaution, the number of sessions can be reduced to 1-2. If special stimulants are used for massage, then the frequency of procedures per week can be increased to 2-3.
Experts identify several basic methods for performing prostate massage:
- Manual massage. Prostatitis is affected by the fingers. This method is used to a greater extent for preventive purposes in the chronic form of the disease.
- The indirect technique is based on compressing and loosening the anal muscles. This technique is used in the early stages of prostatitis.
- Anal massage through the anus. It is performed using special vacuum pumps.
- Decoction of chamomile officinalis. The massage with a stream of water should be done for a short time, keeping it inside you.
- Urological massage. This technique is used in clinical settings because. to perform it, you need a special tool that affects the urethra.
When massaging, you must be careful not to aggravate the condition by damaging the anal mucosa. Therapeutic and preventive measures in the form of prostate stimulation are contraindicated in patients with:
- stones in the prostate;
- tumors of different etiology.
- acute course of other urological diseases.
Before the massage, it is recommended that you undergo a comprehensive examination to determine the appropriateness of a wellness session.
To avoid prostatitis, you must follow a proper diet. It is recommended to eat steamed or boiled dishes.
To prevent the inflammatory process in the prostate gland, the daily calorie content of food should be reduced. At the same time, it is necessary to increase fluid intake during the day. It is recommended to drink at least 2 liters to increase the production of urine, which will remove pathogenic microorganisms that cause prostatitis from the body.
It is recommended for men to consume about 3000 kcal per day. This amount of energy must consist of:
- 100 g of protein?
- 400 g of carbohydrates;
- 70 grams of fat (of vegetable origin).
Also, to prevent the development of prostatitis, it is recommended to add the following products to the diet:
- beef, poultry and lean fish.
- soybeans, legumes;
- dairy products;
These products contain a large number of useful micronutrients and vitamins necessary for the health of the male body.
Usually, to prevent prostatitis, experts prescribe preparations containing plant ingredients or extracts from the prostate gland of a bull. They are effective stimulants of the human prostate gland, increasing the production of secretion and eliminating stagnant processes.
Urologists usually prescribe drugs in the form of tablets or suppositories that relieve congestion in the pelvic organs, which helps to eliminate inflammation in the prostate gland.
In addition, for the treatment and prevention of prostate, it is important to consume adequate amounts of vitamins, which improve health and reduce the risk of cancer in the long run. Men are advised to drink complexes rich in vitamins:
- A - prevention of prostate adenoma.
- B - improves blood circulation.
- E, K - help reduce the risk of prostate cancer.
An alternative method is to use dietary supplements, which you can buy from pharmacies.
Selenium is one of the most important trace elements for men's health. It is involved in the synthesis of testosterone, normalizes reproductive function, improves sperm quality and also has a beneficial effect on the prostate.
For the prevention and treatment of prostatitis, you can effectively use not only modern medicines, but also methods from traditional medicine:
- Oat decoction. It is prepared from 2 tablespoons large. unpeeled oats and 700 ml of water. Simmer the drink for 30 minutes or more until the beans are soft. The decoction is then left to infuse for several hours, filtered, mixed with parsley juice (50-60 ml) and consumed 100-150 ml per day.
- Walnuts have a positive effect on testosterone production. They can be consumed in their pure form, at least 100 g per day, or they can be made into a medicinal mixture. To do this, a glass of nuts is passed through a meat grinder with a whole lemon and added to the mass 1 tbsp. large. honey. The mixture should be infused for 1 hour, after which it can be consumed 3 times a day, 1 tbsp. large. Also, nuts passed through meat grinders can be diluted with 1 tbsp large. sunflower oil. The drug in this form is recommended to be consumed on an empty stomach in the morning, while the effectiveness increases if rinsed with warm cow's milk.
- Ivan tea is an excellent medicine for the prevention of prostatitis. 2 teaspoons are enough for its preparation. raw materials and 500 ml of boiling water. Tea should be drunk hot, at least 3 times a day.
- Pumpkin seeds are an excellent aid in the presence of inflammatory processes in the prostate gland. They can be consumed pure and dried. It is recommended to use pumpkin seeds with honey in equal proportions. You must eat at least 1 tbsp large. seeds.
- A decoction of birch leaves gives anti-inflammatory effect and also prevents the growth of pathogenic microflora in the prostate gland. For cooking: 1 tbsp. large. The raw materials are poured with 1 glass of boiling water, after which it is injected for several hours. It is recommended to take the decoction in small portions.
- Sbiten honey is a good medicine for the treatment and prevention of prostatitis. Helps improve blood circulation in the pelvis, strength and relief of the inflammatory process in the prostate gland. Take 1 tbsp large. before going to bed on an empty stomach, pouring into a glass of warm water.
The methods from traditional medicine are effective, but they can cause an allergic reaction and worsen chronic diseases. Before using them, it is recommended to consult a doctor.
To maintain men's health, it is necessary to take precautionary measures. Early treatment will help avoid the consequences of the disease.